Peace Seminar Series
The Making Peace Seminar enhance your ability to think redemptively so you can anticipate, prevent and reconcile conflict in your life—in your relationships at home and in the church. You will discover why you think and feel as you do about conflict and how you can live in peace by identifying specific habitual attitudes and responses in your life that are creating barriers to love, forgiveness and reconciliation. You will be challenged to learn and to practice new ways to confess, forgive and to make peace—with God, with others, and with yourself.
This seminar will help you :
- Explore how to think and act as a peacemaker, not a victim.
- Discover why forgiveness is a gift you must receive in order to forgive others.
- Learn biblical and practical ways for you to live a life of peace guided by the life death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
The seminar is divided into three sessions:
Session 1: What Is Our Story?
Remembering and reclaiming the Salvation Story
- What is conflict?
- Common myths about conflict
- Why our story is redemptive
Session 2: What Is Your Style?
How your response to conflict may be making things worse
- Passive responses
- Evasive responses
- Defensive responses
- Aggressive responses
Session 3: What Is Our Path?
How to live redemptively
- Why we must listen
- How to speak the truth in love
- How to think redemptively
- How to live the Salvation Story