Non-anxious leaders make timely, wise, and shared decisions that people trust.
Some leaders are very decisive, but autocratic, leaving people feeling coerced or manipulated and with decisions they distrust. Other leaders are so democratic, wanting to please, that decisions are always delayed, leading followers to frustration. What kind of decisions does your church or organization make?
Announcing Flourish, a new training series designed exclusively to equip your church board and leadership team in unity, trust, and the essential attributes for making wise decisions and leading dynamic change . . . created from Metanoia Ministries' 24 years serving more than 90 churches and leadership teams.
The great need in the church today is for spiritual leaders who are equipped to lead well.
Flourish is a comprehensive new process designed to equip pastors, board members, and church leadership teams with the essential character and skill to lead change like Jesus, with:
- Non-Anxious Presence: Abiding "In Christ"
- Vulnerability: Willingness to be exposed, open, and authentic
- Courage: Taking risk and responsibility to examine, confess, and confront what is wrong or ineffective and providing a pathway to flourish
- Decisiveness: Welcoming discernment, yet being decisive
Flourish full-day seminars are now open to any and every church and Christian ministry that wants to grow...
All Flourish training is provided to and for Leadership Teams, not individuals.
A church must bring at least three men and/or women serving in the same church, in order to participate. We encourage a mixture of leaders from the following ministry categories:
- Senior Pastor
- Board/Council Chair
- Board/Council Members
- Associate Pastors
- Ministry Lay Leaders
Your team will explore topics such as . . .
- Viewing decisions as turning points
- Making good decisions in crisis
- Who makes decisions, and why
- Why decision-making is a reflection of character, desire and Story
- Frequent mistakes in leadership decision-making
- How to invite and test corporate discernment while being decisive
- When consensus decision-making is good, and bad
- Why disagreement is necessary
Flourish seminars are designed to be taken in progression, from first to third. While it is not required to take the seminars in this order, leader teams will not receive the full understanding and benefit if the skip or miss a previous seminar. Please make every effort to participate in each seminar, as follows:
Engaging Conflict Redemptively
Making Decisions Collaboratively
Leading Change Organically
Each seminar will explore a major component of leading change by discovering how Jesus led change... so we might learn together why leading change the Jesus Way is radically different from any other process.
- How to lead with non-anxious motional presence and spiritual integrity – like Jesus
- Why most change efforts fail
- The top five mistakes leaders make in trying to lead change
- Why reconciliation is a way of life
- and much more...
Flourish is a completely new and innovative process for equipping leaders that focuses on leadership presence and being more than competency or method. We believe that the single greatest factor for predicting vitality in a church is the emotional presence and spiritual integrity of its leader(s). It is leadership character, not competency; and presence, not technique that has the greatest impact on the growth of your church.
Who Should Come
This seminar is perfect for churches and Christian organizations...
- In transition – between pastors or have a new senior leader
- That are stuck, have plateaued, or in decline and want to grow
- Forming new ministry teams or governing board
- Seeking God's will for initiating dynamic change
- Are growing and want to keep growing
- Who want to Flourish
Your ministry team will leave this seminar feeling encouraged and empowered to lead with greater confidence in God's provision and direction. In fact, we're so convinced that once your team experiences our unique approach to equipping leaders that you'll want more. You'll want to come to our next event... and to benefit from the full Flourish curriculum.